Advanced surgical techniques and expertise
Whether you require tendon or muscle repair, spine surgery or total joint replacement, our board-certified orthopedic surgeons are able to perform even the most complex procedures. Gilmore Memorial’s orthopedic doctors and surgeons work collaboratively with pain management and rehabilitation specialists to ensure you receive comprehensive care to address your specific needs.
We use minimally invasive techniques whenever possible, including arthroscopic and robotic surgery, and offer a full range of services, including:
- Foot and ankle procedures
- Hand and wrist surgery
- Hip resurfacing
- Reconstructive surgery
- Shoulder surgery
- Spine surgery, including discectomy, laminectomy, spinal fusion and vertebroplasty
- Total replacement of the hip, knee, shoulder and elbow
State-of-the-art robotic technology for knee and hip replacement
Gilmore Memorial’s surgeons can offer a minimally invasive option for adults living with early to mid-stage osteoarthritis. Surgeons use the RIO® Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System to perform MAKOplasty® partial knee resurfacing, a procedure that allows them to resurface the diseased area while sparing the patient’s healthy bone and surrounding tissue. The digital tracking system constantly monitors and updates the patient’s anatomy and allows the surgeon to make real-time adjustments to optimize implant positioning and placement.
Surgeons also use MAKOplasty® to provide a minimally invasive option for hip replacement. This advanced technique allows surgeons to prepare the hip socket for a more exact implant alignment, and reduces complications such as excessive wear on the joint, unequal leg length or dislocation.
MAKOplasty® offers a number of benefits over traditional hip and knee replacement techniques, including:
- Optimal implant positioning that results in a more natural bending motion.
- Less pain, a shorter hospital stay and a quicker recovery.
- As an arthroplasty procedure, MAKOplasty® is typically covered by most Medicare-approved and private health insurers.