The Gilmore Foundation was created in 1915 and incorporated in 1916 by Mr. and Mrs. Ellie Davison Gilmore. Its initial goal was to construct a medical facility in Amory. When the original hospital, Gilmore Sanitarium, officially opened on December 1, 1916, it was the first modern medical center in northeast Mississippi. In 1961, Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center was constructed where it stands today. Over the years, GMRMC developed into a 95-bed facility, featuring state-of-the-art equipment and providing the latest in diagnostic procedures.
At Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center, we're expanding into the next century with unprecedented growth and modernization - all designed to bring total family medical care to the Northeast Mississippi region.